My Blog List

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I don't believe there is such a thing as sayin' too much

Well, since this blog is semi-journaling, semi-entertaining (at least it tries to be) I need to create a post chronicling a day in the life at the Taylor house. (Round Hill Taylors mind you- the cooler ones) I'm actually stealing this idea from another person's blog. Theirs will be much more interesting but I want this for posterity sake. When I am old and bored, I can look back on this and smile : ) This was a more laid back day. No Dr. appointments, no errands, no trip to the park.

Get up at ____ (I won't enter a time here but I have my excuses) and wake to find Anna reading Caleb a book in bed. Sneak downstairs to start breakfast, load of laundry, make coffee, make Josh's lunch. Jesse's screaming, and Caleb gallops to the kitchen demanding (well he did ask nicely) fruit.
"NO FRUIT!" I exclaim and start pancakes. Make Jesse's oh-so-enticing mash of bananas and oat flour. Try to get Anna to feed it to him while I make Josh's lunch. Jesse does not settle for this one bit. Food only comes from woman in late 20's with a ponytail he says to himself. Maybe I can get by with just nursing him I tell myself. (he looked quite tired) Caleb and Anna eat, Josh is out the door, and I am realizing that the floor looks quite foggy. Yes, a floor can look foggy when milk has been spilled on it several, several times and only quickly cleaned up with a small cloth. Oh, but Jesse needs to nurse now and Anna needs to start math! Caleb is still eating and decides he should help himself to more pancake syrup since mom is busy.
Caleb also decides he needs to go outside in his boxer briefs and t-shirt in the rain to get something out of the van. Caleb comes inside, is banished to the couch so I can mop/check e-mail/drink coffee while Anna gets dressed. Mopping is done, coffee only sipped, Jesse is already awake. Short nap. Probably because he didn't get HIS BANANAS!!! Feed Jesse his gruel, nurse him agAIN and FINALLY get to math. Math goes well except all of a sudden towards the end of the lesson pennies have become nickles. Nickles were five cents and Pennies were one cent at the beginning of the lesson but now pennies and nickles are the same. Go over lesson again. Caleb wants an origami polar bear. It's after lunchtime now and Anna has only done math and violin. No lunch yet. Anna does her oral reading to Caleb while Jesse is tended to and lunch is fixed. Good thing there was leftover homemade pizza. Yes, whole wheat, because giving the kids anything else would be like giving them cigarettes! Kidding. Well that's exhausting.. I think the day continued in the same frantic pace. But at least ALL OF school was completed, SOME cleaning was finished, SOME laundry was done, SOME children were fed (ok, all were fed!), we finished Rabbit Hill and the kids and I even had our new BFFs over for socialization practice. (I need all I can get) As I look back however, I feel like nothing was accomplished, and yet EVERYTHING was.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I love it! That sounds about like what I experience at the RH Taylor's house...except a lot more Caleb, all the time.