My Blog List

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Eatin' it.

Parenting is great. It makes you eat humble pie and just when you think you are full, you have to eat more. Only this kind of pie doesn't make you large around the middle. It actually shrinks some things. Ego, for one. I'm probably the only one that has to write notes to my daughter like this, but I wanted to save it on here for posterity's sake. I sure pray that my children don't grow up to think I'm a wacko. That, is ENTIRELY possible, and very probable, but I must rely on God's never ending grace.
--------------------------
I am sorry that sometimes I am grumpy or short with you.
Satan always tries to pull me off the path I am on as a mother
to you and your brothers. He tries to make me see the faults
and sin in you guys when I should be rejoicing in how God
is working in your life. Sometimes I am just being selfish and want
everything to go smoothly with no interruptions. But that is not life.
I am learning more and more patience all the time.
Please be patient with your mother. I am made of the same thing you are: Dust!
We would all stay dust were it not for the breath of God to give us life.
I hope you always remember that.
Lovin' on you forever....

No comments: